Friday, August 19, 2011

Catching Up

It takes me about 2 months to fill up a standard hardbound black sketchbook. Most of the sketches in them are finished paintings or drawings. There are plenty of informal jottings (to-do lists, descriptions of the weather and my private grumbling) and scribbling but many things are full-blown paintings that suit me at present as completed works of Art (art with a capital A!).

However, there are always a few pages left behind half-done in the hurly-burly. I started them and just couldn't get to a stopping place. And then I started a new sketchbook to keep up with the daily flow of inspiration and what-have-you. So I've been trying to get back to those unfinished pages and finish them. Here is a collection I scanned this morning from the past month:

inspired by some 16th century German porcelain at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston

Crystal Cities: doodles essentially. I draw these when I don't know what to do (which is most of the time).




I did this recently while attending a memorial service for someone who had died unexpectedly.

If you like this sort of thing, you make like this: "Destination Unknown".



I did this in the car yesterday. It's titled "Back to School"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...