|colored pencil and fabric paint|
These are recent (and not very stunning) examples of Crystal Cities (many more here). I've been working in this series for close to two years. And I still derive a lot of pleasure from making them. Why is that?
- I can make them be as challenging as I want. If I'm up for a challenge, I go crazy. If not, I do more subtle things or just try to make it pretty.
- I can use lots of different media; that keeps me engaged.
- The big challenges on the horizon are:
- to incorporate figures
- make them the focus of a children's book
- scale up the pictures (these are done in a sketchbook)
- adapt them to other media (more sculpture, ceramic…)
|I drew this while attending a funeral. I didn't know the deceased. Very beautiful words were said.|
|Jolly but holding back too…|