Saturday, October 25, 2014

Owlery

sketchbook spread
notes from a visit to the Chicago Art Institute and a painting
Oct. 24, 2014
An Owlery
detail
An Owlery
detail
An Owlery
detail
I've always liked owls and, of course, drawing owls is an pleasurable thing for me to do. This is good because I'm sketching characters and a making a dummy for a new picture book for Schwartz & Wade about an adventurous owl. "Owl Sees Owl" is written by Laura Godwin and will be published in 2016.


studies of Owls
pastel, charcoal, ink
Oct. 24, 2014
detail

detail

detail

3 comments:

  1. On my walk tonight at dusk, I heard two owls hooting. I actually saw one of them up in the tree! I made some noises and got his attention. It must have thought I was weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pleasure! Never saw, heard an owl in my life. Only in a zoo sitting motionless in its cage or padded in a museum. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...