Thursday, December 8, 2011

Does God Doodle?

An actual page of my doodles.
These were done with colored pencils.
In the past few years  I've developed a wonderfully wicked habit of actually imagining that I'm most fully alive when I have a pencil or some other drawing/painting tool in my hand and a sheet of paper in front of me. Blasphemy!

It helps if that paper has words printed on it. Words that have very little to do with the doodles I make on the paper. It also helps if someone, or several people are talking to the group of which I happen to be a part of at the time. I hear what they are saying and keep track of things and get excited if I think I have something useful to contribute. But basically, I am doodling.

I go to church and I sit in meetings. These are great times to doodle a while. I always carry a few pencils or at least a ball point pen in my pocket. However, Summer's go a little flat because there are fewer meetings and church services. I look forward to the Fall because I'll see familiar faces again …and I'll get to doodle more often.

Here are a few doodles from last Sunday.





2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...