Friday, August 16, 2013

Crystal Cities (August 2013 update)

© 2013 Rob Dunlavey
08-10-2013
watercolor and charcoal, wax resist
I began drawing these types of pictures I call "Crystal Cities" in late 2008.
I have most of them archived on flickr: paintings | sculpture | exhibitions.

They took on a very special life of their own through 2009 and 2010. Then other subjects captured my interest and I lost the original fire the Crystal Cities had for me. But I come back to them eagerly as I see fit. These two are from my sketchbook and were made in the last few weeks. There will be more. I have grand plans for them still.

I hope your summer is still fine. Bonne journée!

detail

© 2013 Rob Dunlavey
08-08-2013
colored pencil
detail
detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...