Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Big Black Bird

12 Feb. 2013
"Big Black Bird"
mixed media (charcoal, acrylic, watercolor)
 As I paint and draw something, I try to seek a rationale or story behind the thing that is emerging before me. In this case, a big bird is preening its lanky black feathers. The colors seem to be from Kandahar or Baghdad. Maybe he's a survivor or a scavenger performing a modest battlefield toilette. Just another day in wartime. It's a strange environment to raise a family in isn't it… but life has to go on. So, despite the apparent and real doom and gloom of our present situation, look to Nature's ongoing creativity for guidance and hope.


2 comments:

  1. Very good to remember! Sometimes what I do feels so trivial compared to everything that is happening in the world. I try to remember that it's all a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lari. Nature just has such larger and longer wavelengths. Observing gives a glimpse of a larger picture. Or even momentary sense of peace or acceptance and repair. I'll take that and hopefully what's left will make my immediate world a little better. Thoreau in a nutshell I guess.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...