Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birds of a Feather


I do these drawings very quickly: put some watercolor down on my sketchbook page (The page size is 5 1/4 x 8 1/2 inches). I then draw the bird or whatever I draw with a ballpoint pen. Once the paint dries a bit, I use a crayon to add texture by rubbing something (corrugated cardboard, a clam shell, a drafting template, some wire…). That's it but already I see certain dynamics at work:
- on some, the idea just charges out, right out of the gate
- others involve artistic noodling before some mark suggests a concept
- some are about human emotional or psychological concepts
- a few are kind of about birds!
I suppose, if you care, you might find other things going on or things that aren't going on that I remain oblivious to. Such is life!

checking things out

a parade

Chicken Little

bird songs

star pretzels

lunch time

show off

terrified

something about global warming

turkey family

offsetting one's neuroses

a trip to the Mall

How'd you get in that hole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...