Thursday, March 10, 2011

Snail on a Bicycle

"Snail on a bicycle"
3-10-11
I just started a book that has something to say about snails that I will recommend to you. The title snagged me and I imagine you'll be intrigued too: "The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating" by Elisabeth Tova Bailey. In this book, Bailey describes her long convalescence from a mysterious and devastating illness. While spending months bedridden, she observed a small snail that lived on a pot of violets on her night stand.

I had drawn this bicycle a few days ago before starting to read the book. Early this morning I debated whom to put on the bicycle: a fox, a bird, both animals? Maybe a snake? I think the snail is just right, paused on the brink. Just needs someone to give her a little push. She'll thank you later perhaps.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...